Plan to stay after our next Guild meeting, and learn how to make this envelope purse from Sandy Metzger.
Before the Workshop
Quilt and bind a square piece of fabric measuring 18″-26,” depending on how large you want your purse to be.
Bring your sewing machine, thread, scissors, & the following materials.
- quilted and bound square measuring 18″-26″
- 2 3/4″ wide x width of fabric strip for purse strap (or substitute 1 1/4 yard of cord or braid)
- 2″ x 40″ strip of fusible fleece for strap (if you don’t have any, Sandy will have some on hand)
- 2 buttons, 1 1/4″-1 1/2″ in diameter
- 2 matching covered rubber bands (hair ties – Sandy will have extras)
- matching thread, hand sewing needle
- magnetic snap, velcro, or other closure (can be added later)
Read more details.