It was good seeing many of you at Holland Park last month. I know it’s not possible for everyone to come to a meeting and I’m sorry for that because, I know for me it’s like a tonic when I visit with all of you. These times aren’t easy and I’m glad I have you ladies in my life.
This month we are going to meet in a Fishers Parks Building at Billericary Park 12690 Promise Rd, Fishers. The building can hold over 100, but we are going to limit attendance to 40 people so that we can maintain social distancing. If you aren’t comfortable coming to the meeting, or are not feeling well or have taken part in an activity that might expose you and others to the virus, please join us on Facebook Live. At 9:30 a.m. on August, 10th we will start the “live” event and you shouldn’t miss anything. Here are a few more details for those coming to the meeting in person.
- To reserve your spot, please RSVP on Facebook and if you aren’t on Facebook – please text or call me at 317-452-3400.
- Wearing a mask is required of all attendees while in the building.
- Please bring your own folding chair and set it up with a 6 ft radius of free space.
- The meeting will be a maximum of 1 ½ hours with show & tell and everything else so that we can limit the amount of time we have 40 people in a room together. Socializing is encouraged after the meeting in the shade outside the building.
- We are providing the speaker with a plastic face shield so that she can be understood. Other speakers from the guild will wear their masks while making announcements and we’ll do our best to speak clearly.
- There will be no sign-in table for membership. If you want to pay dues, contact Wanda Feder or pay them online through PayPal.
I ran these precautions by the Fishers Public Health Department and they believe we are doing all we can to stay healthy. Obviously, that is no guarantee and we treasure each of you, so please make the right decision about attending in person or not so that you can stay healthy and keep the rest of us safe too.
One announcement that I made at the July meeting, but haven’t shared with all of you yet, is that the Mudsock Board decided to extend the 2020 guild membership to 2021 for anyone who is a fully paid member by August 31st. We have not had the kind of expenses we typically have each year and thought this would be a way of giving back to the membership.
We plan to have a Meet & Greet in September in Holland Park. We welcome anyone who would like to come to hear more about Mudsock and the various committees to plan on attending. It’s also a good opportunity to meet other people in the guild and it allows us to get to know some of our newer members a little better. There is no requirement that you have joined recently, just come if you want! A specific date and time will be announced later, but it will most likely be on a Friday.
Well, there hasn’t been much quilting in this newsletter although I’ve been pretty busy in my sewing room lately. I’m hoping to finish a project I started last August before it becomes a year old. Have you tried this month’s BOM? Such a fun method to make a block, if you haven’t given it a shot, try it.
Stay well and keep sewing.